Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Poul Anderson news

Election time is a depressing time of year for a libertarian like me, butnot everything in life is doom and gloom. On the science fiction front, there's very good news on the Baen Books publishing schedule: March 2007 will see the release of another Poul Anderson collection, To Outlive Eternity and Other Stories. The site doesn't say what the contents are, aside from the title story. I don't know if I'll be buying one for myself- it's probably superfluous in my case, thanks to my voluminous Poul Anderson collection- but I definitely expect to be buying a copy or two for the other geeks in my life, who are woefully ignorant of the classics. Hopefully there will be more to come.

In other Poul Anderson news, the Wikipedia entry for Poul Anderson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poul_Anderson has been greatly expanded and improved since the last time I saw it. If you're not familiar with his work, check it out. He's a truly great and underrated author, and a lot of his work is of particular interest to libertarians.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: