Saturday, July 22, 2006

Upcoming science fiction

Some interesting science fiction releases coming up. From Baen Books this August, we've got two books I'm interested in. One is David Drake's Other Times Than Peace, a story collection I've been looking forward to for a while. (And I'll be looking forward to it for a while yet, alas, because hardcover just isn't in the budget.) Aside from "The Interrogation Team" and "A Grand Tour", these stories are all new to me. (And this is apparently a different version of "A Grand Tour.) Drake is one of my favorite living writers, so I'm looking forward to this one.

The other Baen book is The Trouble With Aliens, a collection if Christopher Anvil stories edited by Eric Flint. My experience of Anvil is limited to a previous Baen collection, Interstellar Patrol. I found the stories in that one to be hit-and-miss, but overall I liked it. There are several Baen collections of Anvil's work, if you're curious.

From Eos, we've got the upcoming paperback edition of Olympos by Dan Simmons. I'm looking forward to that, but I've got Ilium to read first.

I don't mean for these science fiction news posts to be so Baen-heavy, but unfortunately most publishers of science fiction have been woefully slow in getting a good online presence. Ironic, huh?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: